Friday, April 14, 2006

Family Ties

This has nothing to do with anything, but I have a theory that 90% of Americans have an Aunt Nancy and an Uncle Bill, either by birth or by marriage. I started out with an Uncle Bill, and married a fella who has an Aunt Nancy. My sister did the same. A friend of mine had neither, but when she got married -- WHAM. An Aunt Nancy and an Uncle Bill.

I guess it's not all that shocking, considering that "Nancy" was one of the top 10 girls' names from 1935 to 1955, and "William" has never really left the the top 20 since the time that the Social Security Administration's been collecting this info.

Can you tell it's the Friday before a holiday and that things in the office are S-L-O-W?

1 comment:

Christina said...

hmmm. I don't have an Aunt Nancy or and Uncle Bill. But then, I also find it completely shocking that I don't have a cousin Vinny, given my ethnicity and the fact that I have cousins Louie, Frankie, Tony, Joey and Joey Jr.