Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Whoa, Shrinkage!

Shnikeys...I haven't posted since September 18th? It's not that I've been comatose, or sedentary, or catching up on TV (okay, well, I've been watching some TV since the 2006-2007 season kicked off). Just busy, I guess. Busy with stuff that is interesting mostly to me.

But I'm interesting to all y'all, right? Ipso facto, anything I do must also be interesting.

Don't worry, I'm just joshing you. I haven't gotten all bigheaded. Well, not in the figurative sense. (Have I mentioned that I had the 3rd largest girl's head in Parkville Senior High School's Class of '97? No? Well, file that factoid away).

Mostly, I've just been getting ready for the Second Coming. And by that, I mean the baby girl who is due to rock our worlds 'round about November 14th. We've got the requisite pink clothing, and the furniture we'll need is on order (or awaiting pick-up). This week, I'll pack the bag, send out some thank-yous for some lovely baby girl gifts my family and friends bestowed upon me and the babe, and maybe, if I can get my head around it, figure out how to start rearranging some of the Boy's paraphenalia to allow for necessary baby stuff on the main floor of the house.

See? I told you it was fascinating stuff.

Actually, the most interesting thing I've learned about pregnancy of late is that women's brains apparently shrink during the third trimester. A bold claim, some would say. An obnoxious, insulting claim, others might say. I say, "So that's why it takes me twice as long to figure out what to have for dinner." I came by this knowledge through a friend...she's the kind of friend you generally trust to share vetted info, but there's just enough doubt to make you want to look it up. All I've found so far to support this claim is this blog entry, but it references real publications, so I'm guessing the study in the article was really and truly performed.

I dunno...I kind of like having excuses for being a bit more fumbly lately in the synapse department, but I'd really like to reclaim the articulate person buried within my hormones. This is also the person who can spin an entertaining tale out of the mundane.

Ah well, the time is nigh. Anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks from now...

1 comment:

Jana said...

In case you wanted to read more, here's the article I quoted in my blog post.

Best of luck during the next month!