Tuesday, January 08, 2008

So, what's a girl to do...

...when the political candidates most aligned with her viewpoint are all very, very unlikely to receive their parties nomination? I apparently match well with:








Dennis Kucinich - 83 match

Denis Kucinich, an Ohio congressman, is a far-left liberal democrat. He has the most extreme proposals for nearly every issue including creating a single-payer system of universal health care; an immediate withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq and replacing them with an international security force; and guaranteeing quality education with free pre-kindergarten and college. He even wants to impeach Vice President Dick Cheney. Needless to say, Kucinich is a no-hope contender.

Bill Richardson - 81 match
You're looking for a moderate Democrat like Bill Richardson. Experienced in state, national, and international politics, Richardson has been a Congressman, an ambassador to the United Nations Security Council, and is now the governor of New Mexico. He is pro-choice, strongly favors rights for the LGBT population, advocates for affirmative action in government contracts, and even championed the idea that Congress should revoke the original authority it gave to go to war with Iraq. Richardson also supports the death penalty and gun ownership rights.

Mike Gravel - 75 match
Mike Gravel is your chosen candidate. He is a former senator from Alaska who is deeply left-wing and has spent his time since the Senate, which he left in 1980, in the private sector. His credited for his efforts in ending the draft following the Vietnam War and the release of the Pentagon Papers as well. He has been an outspoken proponent of direct democracy, gay rights, and even making it a felony to keep troops in Iraq. Gravel is bringing new ideas to the table but they are only attracting less than 1% of Democrats.
Take the test.

I'm frustrated that I feel like I can't have a political discussion about the candidates most likely to be nominated. I'm uninformed, I'll admit. Which is why I'm educating myself. I like to mix it up with people, but I can't stand being ignorant. So it's off I go to Wikipedia to form my opinions. Just kidding! I'll totally use more reputable sources. Like the Drudge Report.

No comments: