Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Stars at Night...

We are slowly recuperating from the weekend. I was in San Antonio for a business trip, and so the parents-in-law were in town helping Super Ninja cope with the kids. Not that he couldn't have handled it on his own, but the prospect of three days with two children, one of whom likes to eat books and the other of whom likes to channel Batman...well, let's say it's a little daunting.

So, yeah, it made me feel loads better that Super Ninja had diaper-changing, running-around-the-playground, preparing-meals backup while I was deep in the heart of Texas. But I'll be spending the next three or four days getting my house back to normal. Here's the short list:
  1. Cutlery. I have no idea why, but the cutlery drawer is a giant jumble. And the serving spoons have been put away in drawers where I don't typically keep them. No biggie, just a pain when I'm trying to cook.
  2. Putting away clothes. Every stitch of dirty clothing was laundered, ironed, folded or hung. But now, it's gotta go in closets and bureaus before milky handprints end up all over them. I know, I know, wah, wah, wah.
  3. Mugs. Many of them are in the glasses cabinet, and others are sitting on countertops. There is a cabinet dedicated to mugs, so I'm not sure why they ended up elsewhere. Like with the Tupperware.
  4. Repainting kitchen cabinets. (This sounds like a bigger deal than it is.) Some of our kitchen cabinets had little nicks in them. The original wood is dark, dark, dark, 1970's club basement brown. We've painted them an off-white color (I should say that my mother-in-law actually painted them since I was heavily pregnant when we moved into this house, and I wasn't allowed to pick up a brush or I would've birthed Blinky). Yeah, so anyway, my MIL touched up a few cabinets and a drawer face. Yeah, except she used leftover paint that doesn't really match the rest of the cabinets.
  5. Getting the kids back to normal. The Boy didn't sit at a table for a meal for the whole extended weekend. And he was allowed to nap on the couch while watching cartoons. The Girl was allowed to take mini-morning naps and mini-afternoon naps instead of one long lunchtime nap.

Very minor stuff that every parent goes through when the grandparents visit, I s'pose. Better roll up my sleeves...

No comments: