Thursday, July 27, 2006

Chiaroscuro

To spruce myself up for Little Bro's wedding, I treated myself to a french mani/pedi. Well, that's not true -- I finally used a gift certificate my pals gave me for Christmas, so I guess they treated myself.

Anyway, this mani/pedi has staying power. It's nearly a week later, and there's nary a chip or a scrape to be found in the classed-up surfaces of my digits. And they've taken some abuse, let me tells ya.

On Tuesday, I installed an under-counter radio (a gift from my in-laws -- see how generous my friends and family are?) in our kitchen. I totally felt all Rose the Riveter when I caught a glimpse of my gussied up hand clutching my Mikita power drill. Which, if I recall correctly, was a Christmas gift from one of my older bros a coupla years back. Man, I hope I'm caught up on my thank-you notes.

No comments: