Monday, July 10, 2006

She'll Be a Girl!

My posting has been spotty and pretty blah of late. Well, I think it has been, and that's what counts, right? There's a reason that my little scribbles have been less than entertaining. The truth is, I've been holding back. Since the beginning of March, I've been carrying around (both literally and figuratively) a wonderful, big, wonderfully big secret. Baby #2 is on her way!

It's silly how much I've wanted to write about it, but I censored myself because we were keeping everything under wraps 'til I got past the first trimester. Honestly, when you prevent yourself from writing about the stuff you REALLY want to write about, well, everything else just seems forced by comparison.

Then there was the small matter of telling the folks at work, the friends, the family, etc., prior to sharing the news here. Nothing personal, but I didn't want the folks who pull up my blog because I happened to have hosted a Monica Lewinsky photo here a couple of months ago to find out before, say, my mother.

Wow, the Catholic guilt that would ensue...

Anyhoo, now I'm going to post a few little blurbs about various experiences along the way...like how we found out about Pinky (that's what my mother-in-law and sister-in-law have decided to call the baby 'til she's here and we've slapped her with a name).

No comments: