Monday, May 07, 2007

Question: How many dental tools in MCV's mouth at the same time?



Answer: Four. The suctiony thing, the little round mirror, the scrapy hook thing, and something that looked like a power drill with a dayglo orange shield. I'm hopeful that it is a real dental tool and not a surreptitious mind-wiping device. What? All of you know that trivial knowledge is anathema to secret organizations the world over. Of course these secret organizations are going to attempt to disable the greatest threat they've ever known. (Alright, 30 seconds of Googling reveal that it was a curing light. I still like the mind-wiping idea, though.)

Today I enjoyed the second of the five dental visits I scheduled at the end of February. Our mission today was to install the post for the crown that I lost whilst preggers with my daughter. My dentist was reluctant to do any dental work that would necessitate X-rays or novocaine shots, which are apparently 98% of all dental services, or 100% of all dental services I required. So I'm making up for lost time.

For what it's worth, I've never been scared of going to the dentist. When I was a kid, my parents didn't have dental insurance, so we didn't go every six months like you're s'posed to. Nope. We only went when our teeth HURT. So I learned that if your teeth ache, you go to the dentist, and BLAMMO! When you leave, you feel fine. Who doesn't want to sign up for that?

No comments: