Friday, June 15, 2012

I Still Haven't Learned How to Steer This 36-Year-Old Body

Wiping out on perfectly tidy concrete stairs sure makes a girl feel poised and graceful! This I know, as this happened to me on my way into the office this morning.  All I was doing was checking my e-mail on my phone, and ker-flop!  The toe of my very sensible flat caught on the step, and down I went.  I was mostly unscathed (thanks to a fortuitous choice in jeans), but my phone was perilously close to having been lost. 

I let it go during my tumble so that I wouldn't smash my nose against the steps.  Had it been an iPhone, I may not have made that choice, but that's neither here nor there.  Anyway, the phone skittered across the landing and slid into the ivy that rolls down the hill into which the steps are carved. 

Gar. 

I spent the next minute belly-flopped on the concrete, fishing for my phone.  Luckily, it was pretty close to the steps, so my tiny T-Rex arms were able to recover it.

This can only mean good things on the horizon with my work day, yes?

No comments: