Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Happy Quarter Birthday, Baby Girl!

My little sweetness is 3 months old today! Just 3 months old, and she's already her own person. What's my proof? She smiles at me like I'm a rock star when I peer over the edge of her bassinet in the morning, and laughs (or comes close to it) when I make funny faces at her. She quiets down when she hears her big brother's voice, and she falls asleep contentedly when her father sings '80's TV show themes to her. All that, and she seems to dig toys that dangle over wherever she's playing, batting at them like she's Babe Ruth.

You might think that these things do not constitute personhood. But some of her baby ways are different from the Boy's, so I know that she's her own person. I can't wait to see how she develops in the next 3 months. Maybe she'll be happy to sit like a lump, unlike the Boy, who seemed determined to walk out of the maternity ward. Or maybe she'll like to boogie to the Beatles. Or maybe she'll decide that rice cereal is awesome. No one really knows. All I do know is that I'm privileged to be a part of it.

No comments: