Thursday, July 12, 2007

Satellite Killed the (Terrestrial) Radio Star

Family Truckster is equipped with Sirius satellite radio. I haven't decided weather or not to pick up the subscription yet. Eh, I'll probably wait and see whether the gubment allows XM and Sirius to merge, and then I'll get a cheaper monthly subscription since we already have XM in Hubby's car (Oh, LtW, at last you're becoming a crafty consumer!). Anyway, I'd forgotten the joys of having more than five or six programming choices. The option to flip over to satellite couldn't come at a better time since all of the DC-based shows seem to be on vacation this week. Either that, or they aren't funny.

Any way you shake it, though, I clearly need a host of choices. This morning I listened to the Animaniacs' The Presidents, then Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, and finally, the October 2006 roast of Gary Dell'Abate on the Howard Stern Show. Does that indicate that yours truly has multiple personalities? or ADD? or esoteric tastes? I'm going to go ahead and vote for that last one.

No comments: